Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20th two thousand eight

So just this month I hit my 23rd year in life-- I'm grateful to have made it this far... many people spend time wishing they were younger.... always thinking, "God, I wish I could be 18 again." I'm really grateful that I don't feel that way.. another year under my belt and I've grown wiser and know that much more about myself. I've come along way over the years and I'm really happy with where I am in my life. Yeah, I haven't made all my dreams come true yet, but I've come to find that life isn't just about making dreams come true..... because lets face it, most people never make their wildest dreams come true.. for me, it's important that I've been able to really discover myself and feel comfortable in my own skin. Three years ago I wouldn't have been able to say that and I'm glad I finally can. 2008 has been an amazing year for me.... I've learned so much about myself and others. I've learned that you can't please everyone... I've come to find that people you think are the greatest friends can turn on you at the drop of a hat for no apparent reason. Things and people change rapidly and that's just the way it is. I don't think I will ever know how to really read people or what their about... I'm only human and I'm sure somewhere down the road someone will treat me bad or do me wrong but I will be prepared for it because I've dealt with it before. When someone you used to care about is no longer there for you or has turned their back, the first thing you wish on them is misery and pain.. I can say that I no longer wish those things upon people....well for the most part I don't. I try not to at least.. sometimes it's hard not to wish you had powers to ruin their life. haha

Anyway, the point behind this blog post is to give hope to people that feel like the world is always against them.. that used to be me and sometimes I still can't help but to feel that way. I've really come to find that life is what you make of it and if people have their shit against you, block them out..... I used to take it personal when people didn't like me, but not everyone can like everyone.... unfortunately, that's just the way the world works. Stay true to yourself and keep your head up. I've learned a lot this year and I'm so grateful for where I am mentally.

So with that being said, I am doing GREAT! I have a new internship that is already teaching me a lot and I can't wait to see where it takes me! I get to be a real publicist this weekend and work the red carpet for the Guitar Hero launch party and I'm so excited!

Thanks for listening to me ramble! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment