Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Are You Ready for Blake Lively: Chanel Purse Ambassador?


Are You Ready for Blake Lively: Chanel Purse Ambassador?
Photo: Courtesy of Chanel
Blake Lively didn't truly feel like a fairy princess until a few months ago. So now girls everywhere know that just because you're famous, have been on the cover of Vogue twice, and the New York Times has decided your hair is as iconic as Rachel's fromFriends doesn't mean you've had your Cinderella moment. For Blake, only Karl Lagerfeld by way of Anna Wintour could give her that. After Wintour introduced her to Karl, and they had dinner before the Chanel couture show last July, Karl appointed her "official ambassador" of the label's new Mademoiselle handbag. Lagerfeld describes her as "a kind of American dream girl." But what she really is, at heart, is Chanel's dream girl.
Lively related that Lagerfeld gave her a preview of the set after dinner. “I took a photo of him so that I would never forget that moment,” she said. “Never did I think six months later he would be photographing me.”
Indeed, Lively was at a loss to describe the experience of standing on that famous mirrored staircase upon which Gabrielle Chanel sent her models marching — and being photographed there by Lagerfeld.
“How did Cinderella feel when she slipped on the glass slipper? How did Snow White feel when she met her Prince Charming?,” she enthused. “A dream come true is an understatement. I can say that I feel like the happiest, luckiest girl around.”
California-born Lively said she grew up admiring Chanel and what it represents to her: “It is timeless, chic, graceful, intelligent, iconic and ever relevant.”
Well, her sincerity beats the pants off most spokesmodels'. But are you ready? Are you really ready — for this:
“Though I am the face of it, I will carry it like every girl,” Lively said of the bag. “I will always feel it’s more than just a purse. It’s a quilted case full of lipstick, love letters and the dreams and possibilities that I have always felt every time I see that beautiful ‘CC.’ ”
Every girl indeed.
[Source: NY Mag - Article by Amy Odell]

No comments:

Post a Comment